Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!! We actually went out on the 13th! The stake was having a western themed dinner and dance and Joe is always all about free food. I guess I am too for that matter and we both love to dance, so that’s what we did. Then afterwards we had some coupons that expired that night to Joe’s Crab Shack and we got some dessert from there. It was pretty good, the next day. We were too full to eat it that night, but I am sure it would have tasted much better fresh. On Valentine’s Day morning I had a quick 2 hr Mary Kay event that I went to and then we spent most of the day running errands. It was fun all being together. There was also a huge sale going on at the car dealership. We got a letter in the mail and Joe wanted to go and check it out. So we did. Unfortunately we didn’t qualify—our van wasn’t worth enough for a good trade it—which was not pleasing to Parker b/c we test drove some vans first that had tvs in them. When it was time to go, he didn’t want to get into our van. He totally threw a fit in the parking lot that he wanted the “Har movie,” in other words, he wanted the car (van) with the movie/tv in it. Not fun. It was kinda cute and funny that he was so adamant about having the van, but not fun with the tantrum. We should have checked the qualifications first before doing any test driving. Oops! Now we know. By this point it was 6:30—dinner time. We had more thing on our list, but we were hungry. We stopped by Wendy’s and got some dinner b/c I told Joe I wasn’t cookin. Not only that, our last stop as at T-Mobile which was at the mall across the street, basically, from where we were. I knew if we went home, we weren’t going out again. I told Joe I really wanted to buy something that day. He joked that we got diapers, I gave him the look. How unromantic diapers were for Valentine’s Day. I wanted to get t-mobile at home and get some free updated phones. Now is that really too much for a girl to ask. The t-mobile at home would be saving us a bunch of money each month + it has bonus features that we didn’t get with our phone before. It was really a no-brainer to get, except that there was an activation fee and a router to buy for it which cost about $70. Now with Joe not having a job before it was hard to come up with the initial cost. With a job now, I thought it was a little easier. Anyway, we get in there, tell them what we want and low and behold…it cost us NOTHING!!!! Mary Kay has a deal with t-mobile. We already get a discount on our cell phone bill each month. So because I am a Mary Kay consultant, we got the activation fee waived and a credit of $40 for the router (that’s how much that cost). So it cost us ZERO! I was very excited!! Then I was kickin myself that we didn’t do it earlier when Joe didn’t have a job and we could have been saving money during that time. Everything we read and heard about said that there were those fees. It wasn’t until we went it that we found out that we didn’t have to pay for them. ARG!! So I love the t-mobile at home. All phone benefits for $10 a month. You really can’t beat that! (so anyone reading this that has t-mobile and who is thinking about switching, go to the t-mobile store at south towne mall and tell them that we referred you and we get credit for it. It would really help us out and we would appreciate it! It has to be at that store. It’s something that manager there does b/c he’s really passionate about the t-mobile at home. FYI-you need to have hi-speed internet for it to work though) So at the end of the day, I was happy to have my Valentine’s gift!!!

No comments: