Landon is in the first grade and loves it. He brings home homework on Monday and has to get it done by Friday. Well, one of his papers for this week was called “Name Something.” So he had to “name something” that’s yellow, etc. One of them on there said “Name something that’s purple.” Landon replied, “Grandma!” Now if any of you know my mother, you know that she LOVES purple and when I say LOVE, I MEAN LOVE!!! I did have to tell Landon that although Grandma does love purple, she herself (unfortunately for her) is not purple. But that we could mention something she has that was purple. I mentioned a few things and he chose “Grandma’s toilet!” No joke! She loves purple that much. My brother calls it scratch-and-sniff. When I talked to mom and told her, she thought it was a hoot and wants me to put next to the answer that it’s not a joke.
Another one was “Name something pretty.” The first thing that came to his mind—and may I mention that it came rather quickly—was girls. I agreed and let him write it, but my thought was oh, great! He’s started early. (remember: he’s in 1st grade and the youngest in his class. He’s only 6 ½ and won’t turn 7 until after he starts 2nd grade!) Joe was shocked and laughed when he saw what he wrote. I told Joe it’s what Landon thought of and wasn’t going to disagree!
The last of his “name somethings” that I want to mention is “name something strong.” Landon thought of dads. I told him that was a good one. Then Parker, my 3 year old who was sitting right next to him, said “Me too or Parker.” I don’t remember which one exactly, but Landon did write it down next to dads. Now what you have to understand is that Parker does this pose where he kinda squats down and flexes his arm muscles and says, “me stroooooong.” So it was so cute and funny to think that Landon needed to write down that his brother was strong too. If I can get Joe to do it or I figure out how…I think we have some of it on video.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you know, i have always remembered that about your mom -- how much she loves purple. isn't that funny, all these years later.
Post a Comment